Community Grantmaking Application Process
Community Grantmaking Program
The Foundation provides funding for nonprofit organizations serving the residents of Albany and Rensselaer counties. Requests are considered under two separate dollar amount categories:
Requests for amounts up to and including $2,500
For requests up to $2,500, please send a cover letter by U.S. Mail or email providing the following information:
- Organization name and its mission
- Geographic region served within Albany or Rensselaer Counties
- Program or project to be considered for funding
Please ensure that a member of the organization’s board of directors or the executive director signs the letter. Include a copy of the organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter with the request.
Completed requests up to and including $2,500 should be sent to:
By U.S. Mail
The Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation
P.O. Box 598
Troy, NY 12181-0598
Contribution Requests Over $2,500
For requests over $2,500, please email the Foundation’s Executive Director at LCheu@tsbfoundation.org to request a telephone discussion about your possible grant application. Grant applications are reviewed quarterly.
Funding Eligibility Requirements
Not-for-profit organizations that meet the following criteria can be considered for funding by The Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation:
- Recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3)
- Offer programs or services consistent with the Foundation’s funding priorities
- Provide programs or services in Albany or Rensselaer counties of New York State. The Foundation will also occasionally consider regional grant requests for programs or initiatives serving the residents of the Greater Capital Region (defined as Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties). Please email the Foundation's Executive Director to request a telephone discussion about regional requests.
The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, political organizations, labor organizations, or fraternal organizations.