How To Apply
Not-for-profit organizations that meet The Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation’s funding eligibility requirements can submit requests for contributions by contacting the Foundation office. Requests are considered under two separate dollar amount categories: up to $2,500 and over $2,500.
Contribution Requests Up To $2,500
For requests up to $2,500, please provide a cover letter providing the following information:
- Organization name and its mission
- Geographic region served
- Program or project to be considered for funding
- Other anticipated or confirmed funding sources and contribution amounts
Please ensure that a member of the organization’s board of directors or the executive director signs the letter. Attach a copy of the organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter to the request.
Completed requests up to $2,500 should be sent to:
The Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation
P.O. Box 598
Troy, NY 12181-0598
Contribution Requests Over $2,500
For requests over $2,500, please contact the Foundation’s Executive Director at (518) 720-0004 to discuss the proposal and request a grant application. You may also email the Executive Director with information about your request prior to the telephone discussion. Grant applications are reviewed quarterly.
Funding Eligibility Requirements
Not-for-profit organizations that meet the following criteria can be considered for funding by The Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation:
- Recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3)
- Provide programs or services in the following counties: Albany, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington
- Offer programs or services consistent with the Foundation’s funding priorities
The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, political organizations, labor organizations or fraternal organizations.