Mini-grant Program Supports Rensselaer County 2020 Census Work
The Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation is partnering with the Rensselaer County 2020 Census Complete Count Committee to implement a mini-grant program to support census-related activities in Rensselaer County. The Foundation will provide grants of up to $500 to Rensselaer County community-based organizations that agree to advance the work of the 2020 Census with populations identified to be at risk of an undercount.
Proposals should focus on outreach activities to increase participation in the 2020 Census. The outreach must benefit historically undercounted and hard-to-count communities in Rensselaer County. Historically undercounted populations include:
- Rural residents
- People of color
- Foreign born residents
- Children ages birth to five
- Low-income residents
- Persons experiencing homelessness
- Persons with disabilities
- Persons who do not live in traditional housing
The Foundation welcomes applications from organizations and schools with deep roots in their communities. Applications from arts & cultural groups with plans for creative projects that aim to inform hard-to-count populations are also encouraged.
Proposed activities should take place between now and October 31, 2020.
To apply for a mini-grant, please email the Foundation’s executive director the answers to these 7 questions:
- Applicant organization name(s)
- Primary applicant address
- Primary applicant telephone number
- Funding amount requested (not to exceed $500 for one organization, although 2 or more organizations can pool their funding requests together to request more than $500)
- Name of Census project or initiative
- What specific HTC neighborhood or community will this project reach?
- How will this project or initiative increase participation in the 2020 Census in hard to count communities in Rensselaer County? (maximum of 500 words, please)